High risk auto insurance is a term which is used for those driver who does not have a good driving record and called high risk driver. Getting auto insurance for high risk drivers are no easy as compare to other drivers who has a perfect driving record, while high risk auto insurance cost them more including they have to pay more premium as compare to other drivers.
Having a bad or not a perfect driving record is not the only option you need to consider when we talk about high risk auto insurance but the auto insurance companies who offer high risk auto insurance consider many other things when they sell this type of insurance policy. Following is the list of drivers who are known as high risk drivers:
- A person who got driving licensed recently
- Young or teen driver including drivers under 21
- Senior drivers, usually classified people above 70
- Bad history of driving like involvement of accidents
- Bad record of traffic violations and tickets etc
- Drive or live at high risk area like mountains
- A driver who has a poor credit history
- There is no record o auto insurance coverage etc.
These are some basic categorizes of high risk drivers while the rule o classifying a driver risk may vary state to state and country to country. We need to consider many other factors like size and type of car. Usually a car which has safety features like airbag and anti theft devices installed are known as low risk cars.
How to get cheap high risk auto insurance:
Getting a cheap high risk auto insurance is the dream of every driver but sadly it is not possible without doing homework because most of companies who offer auto insurance does not offer high risk auto insurance because they believe that they has to pay more coverage than premium they receive from their clients but it does not mean that there is no auto insurance company who offer high risk auto insurance. By doing little effort you can find a high risk auto insurance company with cheap premium and more coverage.
- Pay all of your fines including ticket and ask department of auto office to remove your driving history.
- Take advice from you insurance company that how you could classified for cheap auto insurance while you are a high risk card driver.
- Take drivers ed course to won the confidence of your insurance company to award you cheap insurance policy.
- Purchase your auto insurance from same company from where you have purchased home and health insurance to get discount
- If possible, switch to a low risk car for temporary period to get your traffic record clear.
- Enhance your car with safety features like install anti theft device and safety airbag etc.
- Use internet to compare prices and insurance policies offered by different companies and end your search with most reliable high risk auto insurance policy. Consider premium and interest as well.
Summary : High Risk Auto Insurance
You can also consider to avail promotion and discounts offered by insurance companies to lower your high risk auto insurance premium and save money.